Sunday, August 21, 2011

Not really sure...

This weekend I came to a hard conclusion about myself that really seemed to upset me. I really don't have any friends with whom I can hang out with. My husband and I were talking about how I'd like to go out and relieve some stress, but I countered with the fact that I really don't have anyone to do anything with.
I feel that every time something in my life changed, I had to make a new friend. We moved around a lot when I was a kid, so I focused on moving on. I seem to be an outgoing person. I managed to make tons of friends my one semester of college and when I went down to Texas for my summer of Teen Mania camps. (I only managed to stay in touch with a select few, though.) I don't have a core group that I do things with.
I have focused my time, energy, and life to being a good wife and mother to our kids. The only time that I converse with other adults is on facebook.
What has been a struggle for me, is that fact that I have tried to work really hard on my relationships. Sometimes I feel that I am the one doing all the work. I'm the one who seems to go the extra mile. I even try to help plan family things just so that I'm in the loop and not the last one to know.
I am not truly sure how to remedy this situation. It has been eating at me for a while.

3 comments:

  1. I enjoyed reading your blogs, keep it coming.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think that kind of thing happens to lots of people. We just don't realize because they don't express it. Scared probably to admit that they are feeling alone. Being a stay-at-home mom seems to be a very isolating thing sometimes.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sorry you're feeling lonely. I think we, moms, have a tendency to so much for our children that we have little energy left for ourselves. I hate that run down, burned out feeling! Have you heard of MOPS (Mothers of Preschoolers)? It is so encouraging to be with other moms who are going through the same stages in life. I wish you lived closer you could come with me. I'm sure there are a few in SB/ Mishawaka area. They usually run from Sept thru May meeting twice a month. Hugs to you!

    ReplyDelete