Saturday, October 3, 2015

Many years have passed since my last post! So please forgive me.

This summer I had the opportunity to attend the farewell tour of Women of Faith. The one thing that stuck in my heart was that I needed to tell my story. Even if it's only a handful of people who read it, then so be it! So here goes a little bit of me...

Someone posted on Facebook something about suicide awareness. This upset me to no end!
See, when I was a senior in high school, I tried to take my life and failed. Thankfully, I had some people who reached out to me in small ways that changed my life. One was my Uncle Don. He only showed me that I was important by apologizing for interrupting me. I had a youth pastor, Greg Beam, who never gave up on me even after I was older and not attending that church anymore. I will never forget on of my high school English teachers, Mrs. Roberts. She made a comment to me about how I was skin and bones. While, she was just being silly, it made me see something. I was anorexic due to depression, not that I thought I was fat.

I didn't feel like my life was worth living. God brought several people in my life to see that it was. It wasn't that all these people knew my story or my struggle. They saw a young woman and spoke into her because they wanted to. So, in return, I pay it forward so to say.

I tell people what they mean to me. I encourage others, give hugs, and pray for others when they come to mind. If everyone treated others this way, then maybe there wouldn't be as many suicides.

No comments:

Post a Comment