Tuesday, October 18, 2011

Birthdays

So, my birthday has now come and gone. (Not if you ask my 4yr old. He thinks that I should have my birthday all week long!) It was a great day, even though it didn't go the way I wanted exactly. When in my life has that happened? I think I like the fact that things happen unexpectedly. It's kinda more fun that way.

My hubby and I went out on a date to celebrate both our birthdays, since his is 5 days after mine. It was nice. Dinner and a movie, but for a couple who doesn't tend to have dates it was wonderful!

In the morning, I was awoken by X and a crying little boy. (I wasn't home when D went to sleep, so he was worried that I wouldn't be there when he woke up.) Then my wonderful husband went with K to get provisions for breakfast since I didn't get the time to go to the grocery store on Saturday.

He came back with eggs, bacon, oreos, o.j., a cherry coffee cake, and some roses (3 white and 2 blue.) I made the bacon, and he made the eggs. I spent some time with the fam, and then decided I needed some me time. X decided to come upstairs and sing "Happy Birthday" to me. Later when I came down, D sang "Happy to you". I am a lucky mommy!!!

Oh, I forgot to mention the washer and dryer that my love bought me. I'm soooo thankful that I only had to go to the laundrymat 2x since we moved here.

I took K back to her mommy by myself due to the fact that the hubby was having serious back problems. It was nice to not to hear the boys cry and whine after sissy left.

I look back on this last year and wouldn't change it for anything. I am truly blessed to have such a loving and healthy family. I am thankful that I am able to stay at home with the boys. I love to watch them learn and play. I love the hugs and cuddles I get all day long.

It will be weird next year when X starts school, but I'm sure it will be alright. (When my hubby and I discussed living here for 2 years before finding a home of our own, I reminded him that X would go to SB schools for his first year, and he couldn't believe that X was old enough. I know that it doesn't seem right, but it is.

X is now grown up...so he says because he graduated to big boy underwear! I just can't believe that my little boys are growing up before my eyes.

1 comment: