Tuesday, November 1, 2011

Halloween

This past weekend was Kiy's fall break, so we got to keep her for 4 days! Oh, and we jam packed them with lots of fun!! It so happened that Saturday, my family celebrated mine, Josh's, and my oldest brother's birthday at our house, and Lumi spent the night. Sunday, Daddy spent time with his kiddos, while I got some time by myself. Then Monday, was Halloween of course.


Anyone who knows me, knows that I'm a little crafty but cake decorating challenged. I tried to make a cool pumpkin cake for the fam birthday party. Well....first off, I had a little monster help himself to some cake that was cooling on the stove. (I really wish that I got a picture of that! It was priceless.) I had a slight challenge just by that alone. The pumpkin looked cute when I was done Saturday afternoon, but I should have put it in the fridge because it melted and fell apart before the gang all came over. It tasted good, and that is the most important part!


Sunday, I went and got myself some clothes that I was well overdue for. I am definitely one of those mothers who make sure that her family is taken care of and puts herself on the back burner. When your only pair of jeans has 2 holes in the crotch/butt area, well, it's time to get some new jeans. Then I took Lumi home and headed out to Goshen for my first Scentsy party. I stayed after everyone left and caught up with my friend Tina, whom I "go waay back" with. (Our mothers were best friends.) It was great to see how happy she is now and to converse with someone who has never judged me! (Also, her baby girl was soooo cute!)


Monday, after we took Daddy to work, I got some groceries and went home to start our Halloween fun! We didn't have time to carve pumpkins this year, so I let the kids decorate them with colored permanent markers. Then I made Kiy even cuter and put the boys in their costumes. We went to the mall here because I had a limited time and Kiy wasn't feeling so great in the morning. I actually was interviewed by WNDU while we were at the mall. (Yes, I was on the late night news!) The kiddos got sooo much candy that at one point X-man was complaining about his bucket being too heavy.


It was a great weekend! I wish I didn't have to rush Kiy home, but she had school today. :(  I let the boys sleep in their costumes and then today, they switched. I love hanging out with my fam. It has been quite an adventure, but I wouldn't change it for anything!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment